Act Local, Think Social! focuses on the promotion of volunteering, interculture and non-formal educational activities in socio-educational contest.
The aim of the project is to offer an intercultural learning experience and to provide new skills in the socio-educational field to the volunteers involved. The presence of international volunteers responds to the CIF's need to promote social inclusion, and to enhance cultural specificities and individual differences.
More specifically, the main objectives of coordination and acceptance are:
- Offer an intercultural learning experience and training to volunteers, thus stimulating their personal growth and fostering their future professional integration, in particular through the development of transversal communication and organizational skills;
- Promote the overcoming of stereotypes and prejudices through direct knowledge, contact and daily exchange between volunteers, host institution, users and local communities, thus increasing understanding and appreciation of cultural differences;
- Strengthening active citizenship, the value of volunteering, the feeling of European identity and the integration of the social fabric in the community involved;
- To offer an effective training experience both to the volunteers and to the host institution, encouraging the exchange of good practices and enriching themselves with different visions, practices, methods and approaches to work and life in general;
- Implement long-term projects working on social inclusion through non-formal education activities with children, young people, people in situations of social hardship, adults and the elderly people;
- Develop and strengthen CIF's necessary skills for sending, hosting and coordinating European Voluntary Service projects and volunteers themselves. In particular, the sending agencies will consolidate their experience in supporting and monitoring volunteers, while the CIF will enhance the experience in EVS reception, learning to manage an increasingly intercultural and flexible work environment based on the skills and interests of volunteers;
- Stimulate the creativity of volunteers and support them in the development and implementation of new personal ideas related to the project;
- Promote the Erasmus + Program, in particular EVS projects within local communities;
- Consolidate collaboration between the project partner organizations.